Freshly Pressed Awe and Jealousy . . . and Awe

From myexposition.wordpress.com

There is nothing better than having one of your Blogger friends Freshly Pressed.  Except of course if you are Freshly Pressed yourself.  (Just to be clear, I wouldn’t know about that)  It’s great when someone you’ve been following has that honor bestowed upon them.  It’s exciting!  Mostly exciting, a little heart-wrenching, but still mostly exciting.  You can’t help but be happy for them.  Happy and jealous, but mostly happy . . . and jealous . . . but more happy than jealous!  Mostly . . .

Seriously, of course there is a hint of jealousy but that’s because it’s so fantastic, but I really thrilled when a fellow blogger I know gets Freshly Pressed.  Not in that phony first-runner-up to the Miss America pageant way.  You just know as fellow contestants are crying and hugging the new Miss America and helping her pin on her crown that they are stabbing those pins deep into her skull.  No, not that kind of happy – true joy because they deserve it!

"Just hold still . . ." Miss World 2011 (Who is Miss World??)

The first time this happened with Pretty Feet, Pop Toe, I had just read her post, Grumpy Old Bag and on the following day she was Freshly Pressed!  I was very confused.  I was not confused as to the reason she was Freshly Pressed, it’s obvious that she is an amazing writer, but I thought I must be mistaken that I had stumbled upon her blog the day before.  “Was she Freshly Pressed the previous day as well?” I thought.  “Is that how I found her?”  Did I seriously just have the incredible luck to find her hours before Freshly Pressed did?

The second time this happened, it was to littlesundog and her blog Day by Day the Farm Girl Way.  I’m not positive, but I think the first post of hers that I read was Real Deer Rehabilitation.  Then I read Lazy Days with Daisy Deer and I was hooked.  I believe I left a very intriguing comment something along the lines of “Wow, that wuz gud.”  Perhaps my comment was slightly better than that but not much.  Then I kid you not, the following day I check the Freshly Pressed page and I see this familiar picture of a deer.  I think, “Hey, that’s a deer.” (again I take a moment to point out how brilliant my brain is) “Are two people blogging about raising a baby deer?”  I double, triple checked and then I confirmed that Day by Day the Farm Girl Way had indeed been Freshly Pressed!

So I rushed right over to her Freshly Pressed post and left this brilliant comment, “OMG (yes I really wrote O M G) you’ve been Freshly Pressed!  How awesome is that??”  I was just so darn excited that another one of my “friends” had been FP’d that I completely forgot how to properly use the English language.  I had clicked that little button to “notify me of follow up comments via email”, but I noticed that my email wasn’t exploding.  I couldn’t believe hundreds of people weren’t commenting on this amazing post.  Then it dawned on me, “She doesn’t know yet . . .  O M G she doesn’t know!”  I imagined her surprise when she checked her computer later.  I think I even giggled thinking about how exciting that was going to be for her.  I was in awe.

Scott Baio - from Totallythebomb.com

Having found two bloggers just hours or days before they became Freshly Pressed leaves me with the feeling of having had a brush with fame.  It’s like getting that signed photo of Scott Baio when I was 12 all over again, but even better because I knew these folks before they were famous!  Like when the small town girl hits it big and I can say “I knew them when . . .”

Not a rabbit's foot because that was one unlucky rabbit

Hey – here’s an idea – maybe I’m a good luck charm for this Freshly Pressed thing.  It sure seems that way.  So if you are a fellow blogger who’s eager to get Freshly Pressed just beg me to begin following your blog, I’m not above bribery, and you could receive that elusive honor by Monday.  Well . . . maybe . . .  But just to be on the safe side, if you do win, don’t ask me to help you pin on a crown.

P.S.  LittleSunDog not only replied to all of her comments, but she also found time to stop by my blog to leave a comment.  She didn’t forget the little people!  PrettyFeetPopToe replied to all of hers as well.  And they both received a LOT of comments!  More evidence that they are worthy recipients.

P.S.S  I’m off until Monday folks.  Have a good weekend!

26 thoughts on “Freshly Pressed Awe and Jealousy . . . and Awe

1. JoJoA says:

I cannot wait to see that you have been “Freshly Pressed”. I know it will happen soon with your amazing sense of humor! I too agree that littlesundog certainly deserved it as well. But then, I could be a bit prejudiced since she is after all… my sissie.
    Aside from that I am so glad she sent me the link to your blog as I will now be a faithful follower. I too, can be one angry middle aged woman as my husband can attest to. Big smiles, big hug and keep up the excellent work!

2. katecrimmins says:

It does sound like you are a good like charm. I have only been blogging for a few months and I can’t figure Freshly Pressed out yet. There are great posts next to posts that make my eyes cross! I guess it’s about diversity!

3. randomsensibility says:

I LOVE your blog! It’s just a matter of time before you’re Freshly Pressed, too! 🙂

4. littlesundog says:

I’m speechless! You expressed the “awe and jealousy” exactly like I would have… it’s what I love about your musings and thoughts – you say what I am thinking! I find myself laughing each time I read your posts because those thoughts are mine exactly. What a great philosopher you are! What I also found interesting is that you had me so pegged. I was clueless about being FP. FD and I had been outside all morning working on a canopy to protect our new deer, Holly, from the ice predicted this weekend. I didn’t get to the house until nearly noon. I first thought I’d been spammed, seeing my email numbers, then noted it was my WordPress account. I thought, “AAAAGGH, I’ve been hacked!!” Seeing YOUR congratulations on being FP, I wasn’t exactly sure what that was. FD sat down and the research began. We both looked at each other wide-eyed with silly grins! Pretty soon we were laughing and I was some kind of goofball giddy.

I have read a few FP blogs now that I have a bit of time. I agree with katecrimmins – some posts are great and others I don’t get… how did they get chosen? I wondered the same thing about myself. I am not a great writer. I simply enjoy sharing my moments with nature and realizations I have about life. It’s about what the animals show me and what I rediscover about my farm girl roots. I think it is Daisy deer who is the real show stealer. One look in those big eyes with all those fringy eyelashes and who wouldn’t melt? By the way… we middle-aged women should note: Daisy says, “Whiskers are IN!”

You deserve to be Freshly Pressed… you are an awesome writer with a talent I envy… making people laugh. I get such belly laughs I have to read your posts again and again. I pass your blog link to people I know will enjoy you. I featured you on my Facebook page. You’re like a good book that can’t be put down! Thank you for making me feel so good… it is nice to have friends to share good times with!

• Thank you so much for the compliments. They are GREATLY appreciated although mostly undeserved. I’m so glad you knew that I meant this post whole-heartedly as a compliment. I got a little nervous putting in that comment about the angry beauty contestants. What an exciting day that was! It was exciting for me so I’m sure it was for you! (Exciting enough to me to inspire a post!) Your reaction to all the email is funny. Daisy Deer is a star but you are the one who shines the light on her and your stories are beautiful.

5. ldsrr91 says:

You could have been “her.” She told me that she could not figure out what was going on, she was getting all of these emails and then she read one and it said “Congratulations on being Freshly Pressed” and then she started putting it all together.

The only thing Freshly Pressed around here is my underwear, no wait, that aint right … It is my Levi’s. She is most deserving and I am happy for her, she is a “deer lady.”

(Okay, whadya want for free?)

Have a good weekend.

DS

6. GOF says:

There are some wonderful writers around here who deserve wider recognition, and I suspect it will only be a matter of time before you are up there in “bright lights” too.

7. RVingGirl says:

Thanks for this information Angry Lady….I plan on reading and most likely following those blogs you mentioned.
    You seem to send forth some good luck vibes. 🙂
    I shall soon be reading about you being similarly honored!
    I love your writing too.

• Thank you very much for the compliments and I’m glad you enjoy the crazy thoughts that fly from my brain through my fingertips. You have a pretty good blog going on over there yourself! Have a good weekend and thank you for visiting.

8. delajus says:

Kuddos for rubbing shoulders with jealousy and envy without actually embrassing it. That’s not easy, so well done! I won’t lie about why I’m here. I believe in your power. I’m here to kneel at your feet, kiss the hem of your garment, and ask that you follow my little blog, http://delajus2.wordpress.com/2011/12/01/my-true-vocation/. Who knows? Even a totally undeserving little blog like mine might end of FP’d.

• Just to be clear, this power is mostly in my head. Also, in the spirit of warning labels everywhere I feel the need to state that having an “Angry Woman” following your forgiveness themed blog could bring you extreme negative Karma. I’m glad you enjoyed the post and thank you very much for stopping by!

9. You’ll be FP’d, too, one of these days, AMAW! I just know it! And by the way, you’re a fab writer with a terrific/authentic voice of your own – long live your bloggity blog, m’dear! Hurrah! *fist pump!*

10. ldsrr91 says:

I figure the only way I will ever be freshly pressed is if the little woman drops the shifter on the car into “R” and I am standing behind it in front of the garage door.

Yeppers, that might do it.

DS

11. pegoleg says:

Thanks for stopping by my blog – that means I’ll be Freshly Pressed tomorrow (right alongside you!)

There seems to be little rhyme or reason to who gets FPd. When it has been me, it shows WordPress has great taste. When it’s not me…not so much.

• You have a fantastic blog! I agree whole heartedly with your assessment of Freshly Pressed. When it’s my friends that are FP’d, they have excellent taste, other days not so much. Just like your own kid is always the best in the Christmas play right?